response to COVID-19
A message to our clients
The health and wellbeing of our staff and our customers is of paramount importance to our company.
Although we do not believe there is any reason to panic, it’s clear that the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is spreading globally, especially over the past six weeks. It’s important that we take measures to mitigate the spread of the virus to ensure the safety of our communities, particularly the elderly and immunocompromised.
The following summarises the steps we are taking in response to the challenge of the coronavirus, and doing all we can to provide a clean and safe environment for our staff and customers:
• We will be monitoring our staff and if they are showing symptoms of the virus, they will be asked to self isolate and to be tested.
• Our staff will wash hands and avoid physical contact.
• Hand sanitiser (where we can access) will be available throughout our premises and funerals and all bathrooms will be stocked with disinfectant hand wash/soap.
• In our office, all door handles, phones, reception desks, water filters and common areas will be wiped with sanitisers regularly throughout the day.
• We work on the run much of the time so are used to using technology to stay in touch – we will prioritise these types of communication given the COVID-19 circumstances.
We look forward to continuing to provide our customers with great service and excellent outcomes in the weeks and months ahead.If you have any questions or would like to discuss how the situation might affect your specific funerals being held with Logan Funerals, please contact our office on (07) 3341 4111 so we can assist further.And for all the best up-to-date information on the Coronavirus status, how to protect yourself and others as well as how to detect symptoms and what to do if you’re concerned, visit the Australian Government Department of Health site here.
Debra Moore | CEO